I’ve been getting these absurd comments lately …

Yeah, I know most of what I get is spam. But this one I caught today has evidence of someone trying too hard (anonymized to protect the guilty):

What a funny blog! I really enjoyed watching this comic video with my family unit as well as together with my colleagues.

Set aside the fact that the blog being commented upon has no video. But the image that his “family unit” was in the same room as his “colleagues”, crowded around a PC to read my “funny” blog article is funny in itself.

So, that’s why my hit count is so low. People are crowding around computers nowadays, and surfing the net in groups. Didn’t know that.

Hi to every body, it’s my first go to see of this weblog; this blog includes remarkable and actually fine data for readers.

Well, I have always railed against myself being described as a “content provider” (although I do admit the emptiness of this present topic qualifies as “content” as much as a tadpole qualifies as a chordate. Just barely…), I now have been promoted to a purveyor of “fine data” by this spammer. Nice to know my “data”, obviously from “every body”,  has been described by some as “fine”.

Hello to all, the YouTube video that is posted at here has genuinely good quality along with fastidious audio feature

This was from my article “More on Primes”, which had no video. This spammer tried to sound articulate, but the word “fastidious” was awkward.

Hi, I just wanted to tell you, you’re wrong. Your article doesn’t make any sense.

The article which this troll was referring to was “Use the source, Luke”, which told the story of a time when I was compiling Firefox 9.0.1 on Linux at the same time I was cooking a turkey on New Year’s Day. Firefox finished compiling before the turkey was done, if I recall, is how that went. If I was wrong, I am sorry. The troll must have been in the room at the time I was writing this, and saw it all happen.